Having an oily skin can really make you uncomfortable as the sebaceous glands over-react thus produce excess sebum which contribute to a shiny face as well as other skin concerns such as; acne, blackheads, whiteheads, enlarged or clogged pores and so on. If you have a very oily skin, exposure to dirt or even pollution can lead to skin-bumps. In addition to these problems, people with oily skins face a major problem of finding the right skin care product. Most of these products make your skin oilier and greasier.
A large number of people sometimes opt to use no product in fear of getting negative effects of these products.
Despite having these problems, people with oily skins tend to stay more youthful compared to those with dry skin. They have fewer wrinkles thus they age at a slower rate. Below are some of the tips that can help greatly in making the oily skin more manageable.
- It is very important to undergo a full skin care often regardless of the type of skin that you have. You can use cleansers, toner, moisturizers, etc.
- You should ensure that you exfoliate your skin on routine as this helps in removing the dead skin cells and it creates smooth surface. However, this should not be done more often especially if you have an oily skin because it stimulates the production of oil in your skin but if you have a dry skin, exfoliating twice a week would be fine for you.
- When going for beauty and skin care products, you can go for the ones that have been labeled for acne skin. However. It is important to always consult your doctor before you can start using any products from drug stores.
- Use of foundation has increased with time and if you have an oily skin, it is important to go for one of the best high end foundations for oily skin that are specifically designed for oily skins. These foundations are better than most of the drugstore products and obvious better than budget foundations.
- When using moisturizer, you should ensure that you use oil free ones. You should not skip moisturizers unless they are resulting to a serious side effect. Moisturizing your skin does not mean that you are adding oils on your skin; instead they help in preventing your skin from being dehydrated.
- Use of primer can help in preventing your skin from producing oil and helps the make up to stay on the skin for a longer time. It is very advisable that you should look for a primer that best suits your skin.
- If you have an oily skin, it is recommended that you should use both moisturizer and primer as normal, then later, apply a light layer of loose powder over the whole face. This is important as it not only helps the foundation to stay longer, but it also helps in building coverage and controls the oils from tampering with your foundation throughout the day. After that, you can apply a light layer of powder then continue applying foundation and concealer as normal.
- If you are looking for a toner, ensure that you use one that is alcohol free.
- While looking for the best beauty products for your skin, it is important to look for products that contain citric, lactic, and glycolic acids.
Following the above tips, you can definitely rest assured that they will help you greatly in dealing with the common skin issues faced by the people with the oily skins.