Parents of 2-year Old Girl Feel Traumatised After She Suffers 2nd Degree Burn From Pizza They Ordered

1

A 2-year-old baby girl named Jordyn Dunn was recently scalded by a hot slice of Little Caesars pizza and was treated for a second-degree burn as a result of it.

On Friday night, the parents of Jordyn Dunn, Koddi and Wade Dunn were driving home on Friday from visiting their kid’s grandma when they decided to stop by a Little Caesars location in Lawrenceville to purchase dinner for their 15-year old, and 9-year-old sons. The family of five placed their drive-through order as usual which is a Hot-N-Ready pepperoni pizza which the company explained on facebook in 2013 that they usually cook at 550 degrees.

2nd degree burn

According to the couple, after making payment for their food, Koddi Dunn passed the box of pizza to the back seat where their sons and daughter were seated warning the boys to be careful. Furthermore, when one of their sons lifted a slice from the box a glob of piping-hot sauce and cheese dropped on Jordyn’s hand as she was seated right next to her big brother in her car seat.

The 40-year-old mother of three told Yahoo Lifestyle that she quickly dove to the back of the car where her kids were while their father pulled over to the side of the road so she can inspect what had happened. Open seeing the blister filled with liquid that had formed on their baby girl’s hand, the couple quickly rushed her to Gwinnett Medical Center, where the baby was treated for second-degree burns.

Dunn placed a call through to the restaurant and told the person at the other end of the phone that she had been informed that after every Hot-N-Ready pizza is removed from the oven, it is placed in 160-degree warmers. She told Yahoo Lifestyle  “But the employee said they were ‘really backed up’ that night, so customers were handed pizza straight from the oven. Our pizza was not ready to be eaten — it was falling apart to the touch.”

Dunn mentioned that a simple warning from the attendants would have saved them the troubles. Jordyn’s injury was cleaned and dressed with the family spending around $1000 in fee for urgent medical care and are expected to incur more treatment cost at the local burn centre.

The director of communications for the pizza place, Tina Orosco send a statement to Yahoo lifestyle which reads: “The safety of our customers and employees is our highest priority. We are aware of this unfortunate incident. Our hearts go out to Jordyn and her family, and we wish her a speedy recovery. We are continuing to work with the customer and the franchisee of this store. At this time, we believe that all procedures were followed. As a precaution, we have a warning label on our pizza boxes. Our customers expect to receive fresh, hot pizza out of the oven.”

Dunn claims the manager of Little Ceasars left her a voicemail on Monday towards night time. According to the troubled mother, “There was no apology or compassion for what happened to my daughter — my family is traumatised,” she says. “We change Jordyn’s bandages twice a day, and she screams. We try to distract her by pretending the medical tape is fingernails and playing her favourite movie, Annie.”

This article is for educative purposes only and not to be substituted for professional medical advice.