More Kids Are Getting Electrocuted and Here Is Why


Lily Minuses, a 4-year-old girl in Oklahoma died after she was electrocuted by her family’s clothes dryer.

She went behind the machine to get a puppy that got stuck and was instantly electrocuted when she made contact with her hands on a bare spot on an exposed electric cable on the dryer.

Officially reported that she didn’t make it after she was immediately taken to the hospital.

It’s indeed a sad news as little Lily is one of several children to have been electrocuted by dryers and lost their lives in the past few months. A 10 year old from Houston, Fernando Hernandez was accidentally killed by electrocution when he was playing hide-and-seek inside a dryer.

KTRK reported that Fernando’s mom Christiana Rodriguez said “My boyfriend picked him up and brought him into the house,” it was obviously already too late as she sorrowfully encounter his final moments, “He was purple, and his eyes were open, and he was gone.”

Another child lost her life to her family’s dryer while searching for some baby kittens that got trapped behind the device. Greenlee Buckley’s father, Scott Hendrix told ArkLaTex in Shreveport, LA that, “There was enough electricity when I grabbed the dryer that it knocked me back,” the 10-year-old’s father also said “And, between adrenaline and panic, I grabbed the dryer out of the wall and got my little girl. She was already gone.”

“Washers and dryers actually have some dangers affiliated with them that people don’t always think of,” MD, chief of pediatrics at Providence Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica, California, stated Danelle Fisher. She tells Yahoo Lifestyle “Not only can children be electrocuted by faulty wiring, but washer and dryer doors can also form a seal and close off a child’s air supply if they’re inside”

The major issues with washers and dryers include; electrocution and suffocation. Danelle noted that “Front loaders are dangerous because the kids can climb inside,” she also added that, “You really want to make sure kids aren’t able to do that.” If your dryer comes with a child safety lock, it’s important to use it.

This article is for educative purposes only and not to be substituted for professional medical advice.