If you have been paying attention to celebrity news recently, you would realise that many celebrities are going into the now popular ketogenic dieting. Well, it appears that famous names like Kourtney Kardashian and Halle Berry have attributed their gorgeous looks to the keto food regimen. We know that exercise plays a significant role in helping some of these celebs keep fit, but at 51, Halle Berry looks 25, and that is not just restricted to the fact that she works out.
The actress had to give up some of her favourite carb-rich foods to look that young even though we know she has good genes. Also, Halle Berry swears that engaging in a ketogenic food regimen has helped with the diabetes ailments that she has had almost all her life.
Avoiding all the carbs might be like a lot to take in for those bread lovers out there but trust me when I say that there are so many keto recipes that would make you forget all your favourite carb full munchies. In this article, we have collected together some of the foods that you can try at home, and they will make your diet plan far from boring.
ketogenic chocolate cake with peanut butter cream frosting
Oh, but cakes contain a lot of carbs! Yeah, we know right, but this cake is different because it is ketogenic. You don’t have to worry about letting go of your birthday happiness; you still get to blow out some candles on your cake and enjoy all the keto goodness you desire. Trust me this chocolate cake is super moist and tasty, and all your guests are going to be glad they got a slice.
ingredients for the chocolate cake
- 1½ tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup erythritol (this is a natural sweetener)
- One tablespoon baking powder
- Four eggs
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 oz. melted salted butter
Ingredients for the frosting
- 8 oz. salted butter
- Two teaspoons vanilla extracts
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup granulated erythritol
- ½ cup sugar-free, unsalted peanut butter.
- Preheat your oven to about 350°F (180°C).
- Sift your Almond flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and other dry ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
- Break the eggs into a different bowl and whisk (I suggest you whisk with an electric mixer, but if you do not have one, the hand is beautiful) for a few mins till it appears fluffy. Add your melted butter and cream cheese, then continue to whisk till the mixture is smooth and fair enough.
- Pour the mixed dry ingredients into the bowl with the egg mixture and begin to whisk again. Once everything is nicely blended, you are set to bake your cake.
- Oil your cake pan or pans with butter and pour in your batter. Put your cake mixture into the oven and allow to bake for about 15 to 20 mins. Once a toothpick can go through the middle of your cake and come out clean, you can bring it out of the oven and allow to cool in the pan for some time before transferring your cake to a rack.
- wrap your cakes in plastic bags and keep them in the refrigerator till the next morning (If you are patient enough).
For the frosting
- Add cream cheese, butter at room temperature and peanut butter in a clean bowl. Add already sifted sweetener and some vanilla extract to the butter, cream cheese, and peanut butter.
- Next step is to whisk with whatever you use for whisking until the mixture becomes smooth.
- To Decorate your cake, spread some of your frosting on one layer and put another layer of cake right on top of the first one. Cover the top and sides of your cake with the rest of the frosting. Get some nicely whipped cream and design the top of your cake with it. Sprinkle some chopped peanuts on the cake and whatever sweet things you love to add as toppings. Oh, don’t forget your birthday candles.
Keto crispy drumsticks recipe
you probably are thinking that chicken is too lean to be classified as keto at we’re giving you more than just chicken gets your plates readymade lover you are about to go on an adventure.
The first and most important thing is your chicken make sure to get as many drumsticks as possible because this meal will have you craving more so be armed (with chicken).
- some salts
- Pork rinds
- get six teaspoons of olive oil
- some unsweetened shredded coconut
- Two tablespoons of jerk seasoning
- some sour cream or Greek yoghurt (depending on which you like)
- allow cooking for between 45 to 50 minutes.
To make the coleslaw, you’ll be needing
- Green cabbage
- One bulb of spring onion (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Some mayonnaise (I prefer homemade avocado mayo).
- Preheat your oven to 350°F before you start anything.
- Make a marinade with jerk seasoning, Greek yoghurt, and some salt. (you can taste a tiny drop to know if u need to add more of anything)
- Pour your marinade into plastic bag and add your drumsticks tie up the bag and shake the marinade and chicken for about a minute then leave to rest for another 15 to 20 minutes. While you are waiting for your drumsticks to marinade, blend your pork rinds till it’s in tiny little fine crumbs. Add your shredded coconuts but don’t grind for more than a minute.
- Transfer your drumsticks from the bag containing marinade to a fresh, clean bag (you are done with the marinade so go ahead and throw the bag away) and then pour your blended pork rinds and coconuts into the container and mix by shaking the bag.
- Get a greased baking dish and arrange the drumsticks on it. Spray some olive oil over the meat and put it in the oven. (check from time to time)
To make your coleslaw
- Cut your cabbage and spring onion with a slicer or a clean knife and pour into a salad bowl. Add some salt, pepper, mayo, and mix correctly. Allow your coleslaw to sit for some time.
- Remember that your chicken is cooking. Check to see if the coating is beginning to change colour so you can lower the heat a tad bit.
- Once your drumsticks are ready, serve with your coleslaw and enjoy.