When it comes to battling high levels of uric acid, there are several options for uric acid treatment. Some are natural while others are shop-sold. Given the effects of the condition, it would be better if you had something readily available. That is where homemade remedies to reduce uric acid come in. They are not only fast but also cheap to make whenever a need arise.
This article will cover that and other details regarding this health issue, there is this article. Read on to find out all the necessary information.
What is Uric Acid?
It is a waste product that is almost insoluble. Its production is as a result of the breaking down of substances like purine from the food by the body. Typically, it passes to the kidneys via blood and then excreted in urine.
What causes an increase in Uric Acid in the blood?
• As I earlier mentioned, the body has a mechanism of preventing its high levels. However, under some conditions, that may become futile. The condition’s other name is hyperuricemia. It can occur due to the following reasons.
• High level of purines, nitrogen compounds, in the blood. If their accumulation is faster than the excretion, that could result to its high levels in the blood.
• If your kidneys fail to perform accordingly, that could also be a problem. Why not when it will lower the rate of excretion?
• About 1% of these cases are due to genetics
• Some medications including diuretics and some chemotherapy elements
• Other medical conditions such as diabetes and some cancers
• A not so active thyroid
• Crash dieting whereby to eat little food and exercise too much
Why you should seek Uric Acid Treatment?
The reason is that if the levels are high, that can result in various diseases and condition. Check them out!
1. Hyperuricemia: Once the levels increase, it becomes the new norm. The worst part of it is that it is a predecessor of other diseases as well as conditions. They include kidney stones, hypertension/diabetes, kidney failure, hemolytic anemia and leukemia among others.
3. Diabetes Mellitus
5. Heart attack
7. Otitis media
When should you seek uric acid treatment?
Several symptoms are reliable indicators of its increase in the blood. Below are some of them.
• Pain or numbness in your knee, ankle or toe.
Homemade Remedies to Reduce Uric Acid in Blood
They are methods that have been of great help. They have assisted those with a mild condition of the same. In addition to that, they have prevented it in the first place. Did you know that you can make them from the comfort of your home? Do not mistake their simplicity with ineffectiveness. We are about to unveil them as well as the necessary procedures. Keep reading for an update of homemade ways of uric acid treatments.
1. Olive Oil
This uric acid treatment means replacing your vegetable oils with cold-pressed olive oil. That is because the vegetable oils contain rancid fats. They eliminate vitamin E. That vitamin plays a significant role in controlling its levels. Unlike the rest, olive oil contains vitamin E and remains stable if processed or heated. Its fats are monounsaturated. In addition to that, it has other health benefits.
If you consume a lot of water, it will filter and dilute it. In addition to that, it will increase the rate at which the kidney excrete waste through urine. See to it that you take between 8 and ten glasses of water in a day. If one wants it to be effective, he or she should make it mandatory.
3. Baking Soda
It is an option for those without high blood pressure only. Baking soda balances the body’s PH. It also makes it more soluble. Consequently, its excretion becomes a breeze. Nevertheless, it is not advisable to consume it often. Therefore, it should not be your uric acid treatment for more than two weeks.
1. Make a solution using a half teaspoon of baking soda and a glass of water.
2. Drink about four glasses of the solution in a day. Repeat that for two weeks, strictly.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
When it comes to apple cider vinegar, it is not only a detoxifier but also a cleanser. The reason is that it contains malic acid. It helps break down as well as remove it.
1. Mix apple cider vinegar, it should be unpasteurized hence raw and organic, with water.
2. Take the mixture twice or thrice in a day.
5. A Low-Purine Diet
Did you know that purine breaks down into uric acid? Therefore, the nitrogen-containing compounds increase the levels. What foods should you avoid? Mostly, it is animal proteins. They include meat, chicken, and fish. Other sources of purine are beer, beans, mushrooms, legumes and yeast among others.
6. High Fiber Foods
They increase its absorption and eliminates it through the kidney. On top of that, they contain minimal levels of purine. Some are whole grains, pears, strawberries, pears, and oranges. You should also include the following in your diet. Bananas, potato, rice quinoa, and oats.
7. Celery Seeds
Due to their richness in diuretic oils such as Omega-6 fatty acids, they are an ideal uric acid treatment. It stimulates the kidneys to eliminate waste at a high rate. In addition to that, it balances the PH, and it is an anti-inflammatory.
1. Take ½ teaspoon of dried celery seeds daily.
2. Subsequently, consume a lot of water.
8. Cherries and Berries
When it comes to both dark berries and cherries, one of their components is a chemical. It reduces the levels. As far as the berries with blue and purple are concerned, they have flavonoids. Its name is anthocyanins. It reduces not only its levels but also inflation.
9. Lemon Juice
10. Antioxidant-Rich Fruits and Vegetables
They include cauliflower, cucumber, cabbage and mustard greens. They contain vitamin C, diuretic effect or potassium. The elements facilitate the reduction of the uric acid in the body. Others include bell peppers, tomatoes, and strawberries among others. They are not only rich in vitamin C but also rich in antioxidants.
From the discussion, it is clear that excess uric acid in blood poses a danger. Nevertheless, victims have many choices when it comes to uric acid treatment. Equally important, they are homemade.
Therefore, they are not only quick but also cheap to make, they are also efficient beyond any reasonable doubts. Some are preventive while others are curative. Is it you or a loved one who have high levels of uric acid? Heed the advice and chose one of the above methods. Each one of them guarantees excellent results.