The modern world is image conscious to the point that people are making money by selling fad diets. Diet firms often look for celebrities to market their ideal diet plans to the unsuspecting and desperate consumers. With the market populated with many fad diets, one can hardly tell the one to trust. The following are some of the fad diets that actually work.
Low Carb Diet
A low carb diet is one with lower amount of carbohydrates. The aim of this diet is to consume healthy foods without indulging in many carbohydrate-filled foods. Too many carbohydrates amount to elevated insulin levels that are difficult to balance.
To get the best out of a low carb diet, you should consume 10 percent of carbohydrates in your daily meals. The rest, 90 percent, should consist of protein (30 percent) and fat (60 percent). Critics of a low carb diet complain that it amounts to consuming high amounts of fat. However, the fats included in a low carb diet are unsaturated fats.
Gluten Free Diet
Gluten is a protein that is packed in some grains. The Gluten Free diet initially started as a plan to counter a digestive condition called Celiac disease. When a person suffering from Celiac eats foods that are rich in gluten, it disturbs their stomach’s lining making it difficult to take in nutrients. Therefore, Celiac patients are advised to refrain from foods containing gluten. Many foods that are rich in gluten are also packed with carbohydrates. Pasta and bread are the most common foods that contain gluten and are high in carbohydrates. Eating lean meals enables you to reduce your calorie intake that translates to a significant loss of weight.
One of the most popular fad diets is the Atkins Diet. Celebrities such as Kim Kardashian have sworn by the weight loss benefits of this diet. Atkins emphasizes on using a high amounts of fat and refraining from carbohydrate-filled diets. As a result, your body will burn fat first even when you are indulging in fat filled foods.
The diet involves dropping your initial carbohydrate intake down to 20 grams a day. Furthermore, most of the carbohydrates that you consume should be derived from vegetables, because they are packed with fiber. It is a well-known fact that fiber cancels out carbohydrates. For example, if you consume a snack consisting of 20 grams of carbohydrates and 15 grams of fiber, you are actually eating five grams of carbohydrates.
Dash is an acronym for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension Diet. This diet helps keep your heart healthy. The dash diet helps you drop your blood pressure significantly in a matter of days. The diet focuses on lowering the levels of sodium in a person’s blood and increasing the flow of blood in a person’s body.
When you have an increase in blood flow, your energy levels increase, and your body processes foods faster. The DASH diet is split into two programs: the first program restricts you to 2,300 milligrams of sodium daily and the other plan restricts you to 1,500 milligrams in a day.
People consume approximately 3,500 milligrams of sodium daily, therefore, the DASH diet boasts of a reduced salt intake.
Flat Belly Diet
The Flat belly diet assumes that in the first month, you will be able to shed off 15 pounds and any excess weight around your belly. Weight around your midsection causes bloating. The first step in the flat belly diet plan is to eat 1,200 calories every day in small meals and to drink lots of water.
After the first phase is over, your bloating reduces and you are allowed to move on to a diet that is rich in monounsaturated fats such as olive oil and nuts. A flat belly diet does not restrict meat, however, it insists more on seafood than red meat. Vegetarians like this plan because it involves the consumption of a lot of grains, fruits, and vegetables.