“Flowers always make people better, happier and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine to the soul.”
Truly, flowers don’t fail to amaze us with its magical properties and spellbinding aromas. From conveying your love, affection, and apology to your dear ones to beautifying your home by their presence, flowers fill your life with colorful hues that infuse happiness into your life. But, do you know that flowers are also rich in nutrients that can keep your skin healthy and glow every time? Yes, flowers are the natural remedies for skin problems that can benefit you in many ways.
Below is a list of seven incredible flowers that can rejuvenate your skin and add volume to your hair if used daily:
Also known as the Botox plant, Hibiscus flowers contain anti-aging properties and are also renowned as natural hair conditioner for hair. The tea made of Hibiscus petals has higher antioxidants than green tea.
- Boil its leaves and wash your hair with the extract to get a naturally conditioned hair
- Crush its petals, mix it with honey, milk, and turmeric. Apply it on your face to get a glowing skin.
IMAGE BY BARBADOS
This fragrant flower is highly used in cosmetic products like creams, lotions, oils etc because Jasmines are one of the best flowers that are considered good for skin.
- Crush its petals, mix it with coconut oil, and then apply it on your face to get a glowing skin.
- Infuse Jasmine petals in White Vinegar and use it as a bath vinegar for detoxification.
IMAGE BY BOUVARDIA
Chamomile is a daisy-like majestic flower which is considered good for skin. Dry Chamomiles are also used in making teas which are good for health.
- To cleanse blackheads from the face, apply a face pack of chamomile petals mixed with lemon juice and milk.
- To get rid of the puffiness around the eyes, use chamomile oil.
Marigold is also known as Calendula which has incredible medicinal properties. It has inflammatory properties that can reduce skin blemishes.
- Soak Calendula petals in water for 15 minutes and then rinse your face with the extract regularly to get rid of acne and scars.
- Make a paste of these flowers and apply it on your face as a mask to reduce skin blemishes.
Lavender is another versatile herb which can benefit you in many ways. It contains skin lightening properties that can give you a clearer and glowing skin.
- Boil Lavender petals and add oats to make a fine paste. Apply the mixture on your face as a pack to get rid of the dry and irritated skin.
- If you are having a lot of hair fall then just boil some lavender petals in a tea and then rinse your hair with the mixture for healthy hair.
No wonder why rose is the most popular in flower bouquet in the world. Not for only roses are beautiful and they have certain nutrients which can be the secret of your beauty.
- Mix rosewater with glycerin and apply it to your face because it works a natural toner.
- Crush rose petals, mix honey, and apply the mixture to your lips daily to get soft rosy lips.
Sunflower is another magnificent flower that can improve your skin health in an effective way. Sunflowers are rich source of Vitamins A, E, C, and D as well which are considered good for skin.
- Sunflower oil is an antioxidant oil that you can apply to your face for a glowing and healthy skin.
- Crush Sunflower petals, mix it with lemon juice and then apply it over your face to remove dead skin cells.
Lotus is considered as a sacred flower in many religions. This majestic bloom with a sweet fragrance is rich in anti-oxidants and thus highly beneficial for maintaining a healthy skin.
- Soak Lotus petals in Water for half an hour. Then, rinse your face with this water to moisturize your skin.
- Applying Lotus oil to hair can give you shiny and bouncy hair. You can also use Lotus oil to get rid of grey hair and hair loss.
These exotic and beautiful blooms are one of the rarest flowers that don’t only infuse romance in your love life but also benefit your skin in an effective way.
- Orchid extracts can rejuvenate your skin and boost your skin health as it is rich in anti-oxidants.
- Make a paste of Orchid petals, lemon juice, and honey. Then, apply it to your face to minimize the signs of aging.
These cheerful and vibrant blooms are the ideal flowers to brighten anyone’s day. And, they also make a great flower to brighten your skin with its properties.
- Soak Carnations petals in water and rinse your face with its extract to hydrate your skin and reduce blemishes.
- Carnation oils are considered good to minimize the wrinkles in the face.
Dandelion is another great flower which is considered healthy for the skin. Dandelions also make a great edible flower. It is also an important remedy for various skin problems.
- Make a tea of Dandelions and use it as a face wash to get rid of eczema and redness.
- Steep the Dandelion flowers in Almond oil and add it to your massage oil to get rid of rashes.
These little violet flowers are very useful for a healthy skin and hair as these blooms are considered a good astringent and soothing agent.
- Boil the leaves and flowers of Pansies in water. Rinse your face with the water to rejuvenate your skin.
- To reduce the pain of acne, apply a mixture of its leaves to have a soothing effect.
These were some of the best flowers that can make your skin smoother and healthier with its rich anti-oxidant properties and keep your skin stay young always. So, to get a glowing skin free of blemishes, blotches, spots, and wrinkles, apply flower infused oils to your hair and flower-infused masks to your face.