The most common, yet unsightly spots are the sun spots, also known as Solar Lentigines. They could appear on face and skin and cause discomfort. These darkened spots have a tone that is recognizable from the normal skin tone. The reason for the occurrence of sun spots is as obvious as its name, prolonged exposure to sun (UV rays in particular).
If you’re looking up for remedies on how to get rid of them or prevent them later on, you’ve reached the right spot!
Listed below are few remedies that can help you with sun spots:
The foremost point to remember is to load your skin with sunscreen before stepping out. Doesn’t matter if it’s sunny or not, sunscreen (1) is always there to help. Apply a coat of sunscreen protection cream with a suitable SPF at least 15mins before stepping out of the house. There are a number of natural sunscreens that avoid the usage of too many chemicals, which are a good go-to choice.
You can make your own sunscreen at home if you’d like. Here’s how.
Tip: Avoid the usage of tanning booths to a large extent.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Lemon Juice
Apple Cider Vinegar contains alpha hydroxyl acids that are proactive in aiding the lightening of sun spots, only to make them disappear soon. Whereas lemon is well recognized for usage on darkened skin, to make it lighter and fairer over time.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar with 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- If the mixture feels too strong or your skin is overly sensitive, dilute the mixture with a few drops of water.
- Apply the mixture with a cotton ball all over the sun spots.
- Leave it overnight for best results and rinse in the morning.
Tip: Use sunscreen excessively after rinsing away this mixture.
Aloe Vera needs no introduction, its medicinal properties have helped us in every walk of health issues and it surely comes to the aid once again. Aloe Vera heals skin affected and damaged by the sun with its properties to cool down the skin. While helping in getting rid of the sun spots, aloe Vera would also improve your complexion leaving you with glowing skin.
- Aloe Vera gel is widely available, this can be applied on sun spots daily.
- Apply this gel twice a day.
- Continue this for at least two months to see a vast difference.
It’s no surprise considering the exfoliating properties of lactic acid. Buttermilk not only flushes out the impurities mostly but also is a natural lightening agent for the skin. Known to reduce darkened spots on skin to much lighter ones is a property that helps it get rid of the sunspots.
With buttermilk, there are plenty of mix and match recipes that work well. Here a few that you could try:
- Apply buttermilk directly onto the sun spots.
- Let it be for about 20minutes or so.
- Wash off face with cold or lukewarm water.
- Mix some buttermilk with tomato juice. Preferably in the ratio 4:2 respectively.
- Apply this mixture onto your sun spots.
- Let it stay for about 30minutes before rinsing your face with water.
Papaya helps in exfoliating the skin to a large extent and hence, has been included in soaps etc. Fighting sickness and helping to cope up to a healthy lifestyle is what papaya actively incorporates. Apart from health benefits, it is a natural beauty-enhancing addition into the diet and when topically applied.
- Slice papaya and smash the papaya creating a paste of it.
- Apply this paste topically onto skin. (Especially the sun spots)
- Leave the paste on for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse face with water which is lukewarm.
- Repeat this twice a day.
Red Onion is a secret pathway to ageless and timeless beauty. From helping sun spots fade away to giving radiant skin, red onion is a must. It solves the beauty problems due to its acidic nature. Onions not only make you cry, but could benefit you a lot more than it seems like.
- Slice the onion into half.
- With one half of the red onion, place it on the sunspots.
- Rub that onion half placed on sun spots, gently against the skin in circular motion.
- Leave the effect of the red onion on the skin for about a few hours.
- Rinse off skin gently.
Yogurt has been a favorite amongst dieters. It’s not far behind in the world of beauty to be a loved one too. The properties in yogurt that help fade sun spots is the bleaching property of it. It helps bleach the skin into a lighter shade of tone, which helps in lightening the spots and blending it into the skin.
- Apply yogurt directly on sun spots.
- Let the yogurt dry onto the skin.
- Let it stay till it completely dries out before rinsing it off.
Green Tea Bag
Are you wondering what a green tea bag is doing in this list? It’s supposed to keep my weight intact but why is it here? Well, here we are talking about the green tea bag, which not only gives your health a bonus but also your beauty.
- Place the green tea bag in a cup of hot water.
- Let the water soak in the contents of the green tea.
- Now, dip a cotton ball into the water and rub that cotton ball on your sun spots.
- Rub it for a while before rinsing.
- Do this till you see the spots disappearing?
Known to be the safest skin lightener of the lot, with all things good in it. Castor Oil is a boon to the skin in ways more than one. Having been in the world of medicine for so long, it’s all -in- one natural beauty properties came into limelight recently and there’s no turning back ever since. Castor Oil works better when equally combined with cod liver oil or almond oil.
- Mix two teaspoons of castor oil with equal amounts of almond oil.
- Apply this mixture onto the sunspots.
- Wait for about 30-40 minutes before washing your face again.
Tip: Be sure to apply sunscreen after this routine in good amounts.
A lack of Vitamin E can cause hair as well as skin problems. So, a good intake of Vitamin E is a must to prevent future beauty problems. Vitamin E can be consumed in the form of a daily diet, but the faster and easier way to consume it, is through the capsules.
- Get Vitamin E capsules and open them.
- The liquid that is inside the capsule needs to come in direct contact with sun spots.
- Gently massage the liquid onto the spots with your finger.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Rinse the next morning.
So, sun spots shouldn’t be a worry anymore with these 10 brilliant natural hacks! Natural remedies take time, so have patience. Better for the longer run than cosmetics that can harm the skin. Your ultimate solution to a glowing clear skin!
Let us know your views on sun spots and if you’ve tried any of these, in the comments below.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/RebalaBhavya